Friday, June 28, 2013

Chaplin Community Park

The girls and I went to the Chaplin Park.  I had to drive around for awhile.  I have been here before, but couldn't remember the exact location.  The Chaplin Community Park has a lot of things to do.  There is the fields to play in, basketball courts, tennis courts, dog park, and of course the playground.  I remembered that the playground was close to the bark park, but couldn't remember where exactly.  So, I parked near the dog park.  Of course me being me, we walked the wrong way.  We walked towards the dog park, not the correct way towards the playground.  I then realized that there were signs pointing us to the playground.  We eventually ended up in the correct area.  The girls were already tired and bored.  Once they were able to see the park, they took off running towards the ship.  My oldest, Bethany, wanted to drive the ship.  My youngest, Volina, wanted to people watch.  There were some other kids on the playground playing.  She loves to interact with kids, but Bethany prefers to be alone.  Because they have different interest, this caused some frustration on my part. It is difficult to watch both kiddos spread out so much.  Plus in between the two playgrounds, there is a large pole thing.  I am not really sure what to do with the pole.... maybe walk across.  Anyways, it was not for my girls.  Volina loved climbing up the equipment and running around after the other kids.  I was a little nervous about her on the larger playground, there were a lot of opening to fall from.  The other people at the playground were smart, they drove up in their golf cart.  Boy, I wish I would have had one because about that time Bethany came running over to us, and I realized she had wet her pants.  Oh the joys of toilet training.  We walked back to the restroom, and changed clothes.  At this time it started to rain, so we went ahead and went on home.  I really enjoyed Chaplin Park, and I know we will be back soon!  We will then be going to Carrabba's for lunch... my kiddos love it there!!



Climbing on the rainbow bars (or at least that is what I call it). 
The Ship equipment and the pole thing between the two equipments.  
Playing on the larger playground. 
"Mommy, I drive the ship!"  My little ship captain.
The sign. 
The path to the playground.  It would be great for bike rides.  
The tennis court... please let us run around.   You can sign up to use the courts, but we don't play tennis.  

No comments: